Sunday, March 1, 2009

Writing Assignment 5, Bride's View

My special day is finally here! Everything looks beautiful, just like I pictured it. 100 white chairs are set up under a white tent. Hundreds of flowers have been arrangedHere we go. Time for me to take the first steps of the rest of my life. Everyone stands up, they turn around and look at me. I smile and walk slowly to the rythm of Pachelbel's Canon in D because played by the string quartet.

When I'm about half way down the isle, a lady bug lands on me. Oh no. Please! This can't be happening! I have hated lady bugs ever since one peed on my hand in second grade right in front of Jimmy Peterson. Just...try to stay calm. I look at Sam, he looks so classy. Oh my God, it's crawling into my hair! I look at my maid of honor, Julie. She smiles. Finally, I'm at the alter. The ceremony started, and all I could was the lady bug crawling up my arm. Sam puts the ring on my finger, noticing the lady bug. He knows what happened in second grade, so he whispers "It's ok," with a smile.

We say our vows and are pronounced man and wife. We run through the isle (partly out of excitement, mostly to get the lady bug off me) and towards the limo. Sam opens the limo door and I slip in, as he follows close behind. As the limo starts driving, the lady bug crawls onto my nose. I let out a scream and open the window. The lady bug flies out of the window and now....now I can focus on the rest of the evening with my husband.

No comments: